Uplift Tiananmen: Temporary Memorial
Tiananmen Square or Tian’anmen Square is a city square in the city center of Beijing, China, located near the city’s Central Business District and named after the eponymous Tiananmen (“Gate of Heavenly Peace”) located to its north, which separates it from the Forbidden City. The square contains the Monument to the People’s Heroes, the Great Hall of the People, the National Museum of China, and the Mausoleum of Mao Zedong. Mao Zedong proclaimed the founding of the People’s Republic of China in the square on October 1, 1949.
The Tiananmen Square protests or the Tiananmen Square Incident, commonly known as the June Fourth Incident in mainland China, were student-led demonstrations held in Tiananmen Square in Beijing during 1989. The popular national movement inspired by the Beijing protests is sometimes called the ’89 Democracy Movement. The protests started on April 15 and were forcibly suppressed on June 4 when the government declared martial law and sent the People’s Liberation Army to occupy parts of central Beijing.
In what became known as the Tiananmen Square Massacre, troops armed with assault rifles and accompanied by tanks fired at the demonstrators and those trying to block the military’s advance into Tiananmen Square. Estimates of the death toll vary from several hundred to several thousand, with thousands more wounded.
The challenge is to design a temporary memorial for the Massacre of June 4th in the Tiananmen Square.
The extent of the site is 2000 square meter (200m x 50m) . View Site Boundary Here: https://go.seekfanatic.com/upliftsite
– 2 x A1 Sheets (one PDF with atleast 150dpi – Max. 20 MB)
– A 1-2 min Video explaining your design/concept (content in the video has been left to the participants consideration)
– The final PDF must be named ‘team-.pdf’ (for example, team-1234.pdf if your team code is 1234) and should be uploaded on Google Drive/Dropbox/OneDrive or any similar online file handler with ‘Public Access’ setting Enabled (for example, Should be available as ‘View Only’ within Google Drive)
– The final video must be named ‘team- – Seek Fanatic Competition #uplifttiananmen’ and uploaded as a ‘Public’ video in Youtube (Choose ‘Mark as not made for kids’ while uploading)
– The content in sheets should be free of any plagiarism (except collages and human cutouts in renders)
– Submitted content must not include any information which exposes details of the participant or the region the participant resides in
– Seek Fanatic logo must be postfixed to the video for 3 seconds with a black background (download logo from link in competition page)
– Failing in compliance to any of the above requirements will lead to disqualification of the respected team from the competition, with a notification email to the registered email id of the team leader
SCHEDULE and FEES
– Early Registration Ends: December 10 (USD 20)
– Standard Registration Ends: December 24 (USD 40)
– Submissions End: December 25
– Results Announced: January 15th, 2021
PRIZES / GRANTS
– Winner x 1 = $1000 + Certificate + Publication in our Annual Issue + Blog Post
– Runners Up x 4 = $250 + Certificate + Publication in our Annual Issue + Blog Post
– Participation Certificates for All Teams