The Andersen 2021 “Bright Ideas” Awards
Homes that make great use of daylight are not only healthier and happier places to live—they also tend to be more energy efficient. This competition recognizes dwellings that showcase transformational ideas in fenestration and make the most of smart siting. The award will recognize new, completed work submitted in two categories—single family and multifamily—and a third, honorary mention will recognize one unbuilt project of note.
Top projects will be:
- Creative in their approach to fenestration and daylighting.
- Environmentally responsible with safe, healthy living spaces that incorporate recycled, renewable, or otherwise sustainable materials.
- Structurally innovative in their use of new materials and/or methods.
- Aesthetically innovative with interesting use of form and finishes.
- Contextually responsive to their surroundings and thoughtful in approach to scale and program.
Upload a one-sheet PDF or Word document that includes information about the project and a) either a link to download images (jpegs or tiffs no smaller than 4 inches on any side at 300dpi; 5 MB each max.) or a selection of images pasted directly into the one-sheet. Please provide at least 6-10 different views.
The competition is open to licensed individual architects/firms and enrolled architecture students anywhere in the U.S.