Solace: Calmness Amongst Chaos
Design a pod that can be used to create a silent and isolated environment for individuals to spend time reading, working, or sleeping. The product must be easy to operate and occupy minimal space. While designing such a product, one often concentrates on the space restraint, when the real focus must be on optimizing this space, keeping in mind the functions it caters to.
The concept of this pod must be inventive and unique that would make it relevant to every background, with little room given to the user for customization. Amenities that might be needed by the user inside must be designed. Privacy is the topmost priority. Any digital intervention or automation to the product may be employed if it serves the purpose of disconnecting the user from the outside world.
The pod must be within the dimensions of 2m x 1.5m x 2m. The Pod must have a comfortable seating space, a storage nook, charging station, and sufficient lighting.
Minimum 3 sheets/presentation images/boards, size [2800px x 3500px] in portrait digital format (JPEG only). No maximum sheet limit. Each image should be less than 15MB.
Cover image containing:
- Site plan
- 1 x Key concept section
- 3D views x 4
- Additional cover image of 2000px x 1000px
- Write an article/story in the Journal section of the project (of about 700-1000 words) answering the questions given in the guide.
- The competition is open for students and professionals from all disciplines of design.
- The team limit for this competition is 4 members maximum.
- You can register more than one team but they have to be registered separately.