Open International Competition: Ecopolis in Sakhalin Region
The purpose of this competition is choosing the best architectural and urban planning concept (master plan) of a new city in Sakhalin region, determining the optimal parameters and solutions for development of the new city in accordance with modern approaches to architecture, urban planning and urban technology.
Birth of a New city: Launch of an International competition to develop a concept for an Ecopolis in Sakhalin Region of Russia.
The start of the Open International competition was announced on May18 at a Press conference in TASS Russian News Agency.
The Sakhalin Region is one of Russia’s easternmost territories and the only subject of the Russian Federation located entirely on islands. An especially important feature of the future city is its access to the year-round sea port of Korsakov – one of the largest and most strategically important ports in the region. It is planned to create Ecopolis on the territory of the Korsakov urban district within the Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk agglomeration, in the southern part of the island as an example of an innovative dynamically developing city in the Asia-Pacific region.
STRATEGIC FRAMEWORK FOR THE ECOPOLIS DEVELOPMENT
- Сreation of a compact city, organically built into the natural ecosystem.
- The formation of environmentally friendly human-scale urban development (mainly low-rise).
- Adaptation to climatic challenges by planning means.
- Maintaining a reasonable (environmentally sound) balance of built-up, sealed, open and green spaces.
- Implementation of the principles of “LEED for neighborhood development”.
An innovative multi-cultural center with comfortable urban environment
- Modern digital technologies for citizens (urbantech).
- Smart city economy (smart city), priority pedestrian traffic, integration into natural landscape, priority of environmentally friendly transport.
- Use of renewable energy sources, energy-saving technologies, wasteless production and consumption.
- International law (doing business with application of international law and legal innovations).
- Simplified visa regime, programs stimulating international migration.
- Special registration and implementation mode activities of residents (e-residence, registration of legal entities under foreign law jurisdiction).
- Activities (logistics, development high-tech infrastructure for the development Arctic, bioresources, shelf, digital technologies, renewable energy, unmanned aircraft, ecotourism).
- Simplified procedure for conducting and monitoring foreign trade operations.
- Situational control center of the NSR +.
Scientific and Educational Center of Economics ocean “SakhalinTECH” on the basis the existing Sakhalin state university.
- Innovation and technological cluster SakhalinTECH.
- Educational and laboratory buildings.
- Congress and exhibition center.
- Modern housing stock for students and employees.
- Offices and production sites high-tech companies in the urbantech field, biotech, IT, R&D.
- International research laboratories in the field of ocean economics.
Multimodal international logistics center
- The port city of Ecopolis will become a promising point reversal of the Northern Sea Route, due to the fact that, unlike other stopping points of the NSR, in the port Ecopolis principles will operate international law.
- Introduction of smart contracts as tools multimodal logistics. Blockchain technology, as an element of quality certification.
- Development of automated delivery: logistics “Last mile” in trade small-sized cargo.
- 1st place – 6,000,000 rubles;
- 2nd place – 4,000,000 rubles;
- 3rd place – 2,000,000 rubles.
- 4th-5th place – no additional reward provided.