New Wardrobe Doors Collection
Tomasella and Desall invite you to design a new collection of doors, sliding and hinged doors, for a series of composable wardrobe systems currently featuring their catalogue.
Tomasella is looking for a new collection of doors, both sliding and hinged doors, to match a series of wardrobe systems already available in catalogue. The door, its elements (ex. handle, glass, etc.) and the resulting aesthetics of their composition will greatly characterize the wardrobe system and shall thus have a minimal style, in line with the brand, showing great attention to details.
- Product typology: the collection you propose shall include two door typologies
- In particular, for sliding doors the user will move the doors along two parallel tracks – accordingly, when the wardrobe is open the two doors will be appear stacked.
- In the hinged doors version, the user will use a handle/integrated handle or other element to open the doors fixed on the wardrobe structure through their hinges.
- Style: your collection of doors shall have a modern style
- The single components shall have a very refined design and be aimed at the creation of a visual composition, resulting in the overall aesthetics of the wardrobe system, main objective of the contest.
- You may customize your wardrobe system through the juxtaposition of different doors, different finishes, decorations, geometric elements, etc.
- Additional functionalities (optional): proposals suggesting innovative functionalities that go beyond the standard functions for this product typology will be greatly welcomed, for example an innovative closing system, a special handle, etc.
- Common distinctive trait (optional): the two doors typologies (sliding and hinged) might have a common distinctive trait (for ex. the handle shape, a decoration, etc.), with a view to creating an interchangeable collection of products.
- Size: the doors you design shall have the following dimensions (measures are referred to the single leaf door)
- sliding door module, 255 cm high, 117,2 cm and 136,2 cm long
- hinged door module, 255 cm high, 90 cm, 98 cm and 117,2 cm long.
- For a better presentation of the product, it is advisable for participants to include it in a wardrobe system – the internal depth of the wardrobe side will be 59,5 cm.
- Production technologies and materials: in order to ensure the industrial feasibility of your product, your design shall take into consideration mass production technologies.
- Where to use and target: the wardrobe system shall be destined to hotels and private residencies, in the night zone or walk-in closets.
Eligibility and Submissions
- Participation is free of charge and open to designers and creative talents of any nationality aged 18 years or older. Participants can present one or more projects, but only the projects published on the www.desall.com web site, via the upload page related to “New Wardrobe Doors” will be accepted.
- Deliverables: upload all the images that better present your projects (rendering, descriptions, CAD files, etc.) and, if necessary, remember that you can also attach a .ZIP archive containing extra materials.
- Evaluation criteria: in the evaluation of your submissions Tomasella will take into account the following criteria:
- Degree of customization (5/5)
Compliance with the brand (5/5)
Degree of innovation (4/5)
Project presentation (4/5)
- Degree of customization (5/5)