LIT Lighting Design Awards
LIT DESIGN AWARDS IS OPEN TO SUBMISSIONS, FROM LIGHTING MANUFACTURERS, DESIGNERS AND PRACTISES FROM AROUND THE WORLD.Selected by our esteemed jury of designers and leaders in the lighting, interior design, and architectural fields, the annual winners will receive the LIT trophy, extensive publicity showcasing their designs and products to an international audience, and more.
The LIT Design Awards ™ was created to recognize the efforts of talented international lighting product designers and lighting implementers. We believe that lighting is both an art and a science, and it is one of the most important elements of design. LIT was envisioned to celebrate creativity and innovation in the fields of lighting products and applications.
Categories and Prizes
LIGHTING PRODUCT DESIGN OF THE YEAR – PROFESSIONAL
The Lighting Product Design of the Year Award recognizes the efforts of talented lighting product designers who improve and perfect the quality of design and quality of light emitted by their designs.
LIGHTING DESIGNER OF THE YEAR – PROFESSIONAL
The Lighting Designer of the Year Award recognizes the people and practices striving towards excellence in lighting design implementation and application. The lighting director, architect, electrical engineer, interior designer, landscape architect, urban planner, etc., each creates the mood and ambiance of space with their lighting implementation. There would be no architectural, interior design, or landscape design achievements without the right lighting – which is the reason we want to recognize this essential part of the design process through the LIT Awards.
The Lighting Designer and The Lighting Product Design of the Year will receive the LIT Awards Trophy as well as a copy of the Annual LIT Catalogue of Lighting Design and Implementation, distributed internationally. Additionally, the winning lighting design implementer will be promoted in a newsletter to 100,000 lighting and design professionals and potential clients worldwide, receive coverage on our website throughout the year, and critical acclaim by our distinguished panel of judges.
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD – PROFESSIONAL
The Lifetime Achievement Award has been introduced in 2018 to recognize Lighting Designer / Lighting Product Designer and other professionals in the Lighting Industry, who’s contributions over their entire career to the industry. Dedicated to professionals, the Award is today the highest honor awarded in the lighting design field. There is no fee to nominate a designer.
EMERGING LIGHTING PRODUCT DESIGN OF THE YEAR – STUDENT
Students and young designers are also encouraged to apply, for a chance to be awarded the title of Emerging Lighting Product Design of the year This prize is awarded to the student who has demonstrated devotion to elevating the art of product lighting design.
EMERGING LIGHTING DESIGNERS OF THE YEAR – STUDENT
The LIT Design Awards competition is open to anyone aged 18+ residing anywhere in the world. Professional entries will be judged against other professionals and student entries against other students.
- Innovation— does the product provide something new to the market or supplement/improve an existing product?
- Aesthetics— form, shape, color, texture, finishing, the material used, etc.
- Functionality— ease of use, safety, maintenance, etc.
- Ergonomics— the product’s interaction with the user
- Durability— the quality and longevity of the design
- Impact— the benefit delivered to the user and/or society by the product
- Utility— does the product meet the intended purpose and needs of the user?
- Ecological compatibility— potential environmental and/or ecological impact
- The reality of production— how realistic is it, technically and economically, to develop and market this product large-scale?
- Emotional quotient— in addition to fulfilling its practical purpose, does the product create a sense of enjoyment, satisfaction?