Kokuyo Design Award 2022: Unlearning
The world is about to undergo a drastic change. Will it be economics, science, information, or the power of creativity that will topple the old framework Creating a new norm and determining the shape of the future in a place far away from human senses is too restrictive. Design can defy, design can criticize, design can show diversity, and even destroy knowledge and ideals. Let’s rebuild the relationship between objects and design by focusing once again on the truth that no one has ever doubted. When society, ideas, people and lifestyles are in turmoil, there are no absolutes. The grand design lies beyond “UNLEARNING”.
Participants can enter in the following categories:
- Paper Products, Files
- Stationery, Office Supplies
- Writing Instruments and Corrections
- Desktop Accessories and Organizers
- PC and Office Appliance Related Products
- Household Goods
One A3 page, Portrait Orientation. Additional pages will not be accepted.
- Title of the design on the top left of the page.
- Type of product on the top left of the page. (ex: scissors, stool, etc.)
- Concept on the top right of the page.
- Design and situations of use in the center of the page. (Ex: 3D CGI, prototype photograph, drawing, etc.)
- Technical drawing of front, top, and side views, with dimensions at the bottom of the page.
- Add any information you feel helps explain your design.
- Entries must be in Japanese or English.
Any stationery, furniture or tool used in working, learning and living scenes.
The competition accepts entries from any corporation, individual, or group that fulfills all the following requirements, regardless of their age, sex, occupation, or nationality. Unlimited entries are permitted.
- Winner: $18,000
- Merit Award (x3): $4,500 each