International Design Competition for Gyeongsangbuk-do Human Resource Development Institute Relocation Project
■ Background and Objectives of the Project
Gyeongbuk Provincial Government, previously located in Buk-gu, Daegu Metropolitan City, was moved to the new provincial city of Andong and Yecheon in 2016. Accordingly, in order to promote the efficiency of the work and to vitalize the new city early, the transfer of related institutions and organizations of the Gyeongbuk Provincial Government has been promoted. According to the master plan for relocation of Gyeongbuk Provincial Government and new provincial city in 2010, the relocation of Gyeongbuk Provincial Government and related institutions and organizations was promoted. Following the completion of the new provincial office building in 2015, the Gyeongbuk Provincial Government was first relocated to the new metropolitan city of Andong and Yecheon in March 2016. In connection with the Special Act on the Construction and Support of Cities for the Purpose of Relocating Do Offices (Act No. 14480, Enforced on Dec. 27, 2016), the relocation of the Human Resource Development Institute (former Gyeongsangbuk-do Local Officials Education Center), a direct institution under Gyeongbuk Provincial Government, is also promoted, from the existing place (Buk-gu, Daegu Metropolitan City) to the new provincial city. The basic construction principles of the new Gyeongsangbuk-do Human Resource Development Institute is to fully respond to the increasing demand for education for local officials, to create a suitable infrastructure with a pleasant educational environment, and eventually construct a facility that can fundamentally improve the quantitative and qualitative values of education. Since this newly constructed facility aims at an architectural value that can serve as a standard for a new era that goes beyond conventional education facilities, we are seeking answers from competent architects around the world through this competition.
■ Competition Schedule
Advance Notice : 2020.07.13.
Announcement of the Competition and Participation Registration : 2020.07.27.~ 2020.09.24.
Inquiry Period : 2020.08.03.~ 2020.08.17.
Inquiry Reply : 2020.08.26.
Submission of Entries : 2020.09.25.
Technical Review : 2020.09.28.~ 2020.09.29.
Examination : 2020.10.05.~ 2020.10.07.
Announcement of the Competition Results : 2020.10.14.
■ Qualification for Participation
This competition targets both domestic and foreign architects and will be conducted in the general design competition method.
- For domestic architects, participants should be individuals or corporations licensed under Article 7 of the Certified Architects Act, and having architect offices under Article 23 of the same Act.
- Foreign architects participating in this competition should be individuals or organizations with the qualifications of architects according to the laws of the respective countries as of the date of announcement.
- In the case of joint participation, the total number of persons / companies should be 3 or less, and one representative should be selected, whom all legal rights and obligations belong to. In such case, the representative should be a registered architect of the respective country.
- Only one entry should be submitted to this design competition per person / team. Those who are found to have duplicate entries will be disqualified.
- Those who have not registered for participation are not allowed to submit entries, and any entry already submitted cannot be modified or supplemented (Submitted entries are not returned before the examination is completed.).
- Members of the Host, advisors, the jury of this competition, or other officials of this competition are not eligible to participate.
- Co-participating team can modify their members before the registration deadline; however, the list of co-participants in the submission form should be the same with the team members registered online.
- 1st Prize Winner (1 individual / team): KRW 1,600,000,000 (VAT included), with the design service execution right
- 2nd Prize Winner (1 individual / team): KRW 40,000,000
- 3rd Prize Winner (1 individual / team): KRW 30,000,000
- 4th Prize Winner (1 individual / team): KRW 20,000,000
- 5th Prize Winner (1 individual / team): KRW 10,000,000
Karel Smejkal (Czech)
Li Zhang (China)
Beisi Jia (China)
Kwang-Hee Cho (South Korea)
Hyun-Do Yun (South Korea)
Keun-Taek Lee (South Korea)
Young-hwa Kim (South Korea)
■ Jury Candidates
Kang-Hee Lee (South Korea)
Sung-Su Kim (South Korea)
Registration Period: July 27, 2020 (Mon.) ~ Sept. 24, 2020 (Thu.)
Registration Method: Register online at the competition website (www.iacg.kr).
■ Submission Guidelines
- Fill out and submit the provided forms.
- Put in an opaque envelope.
- Put the PIN number on the outside of the envelope.
2. Design Plate
- A1, 4 sheets
(Attach to the 10mm foam board, pack opaquely, and put the PIN number on the outside)
3. Design Description
A3, 10 sheets or less (including the cover)
Folder Name : Mark the PIN number only.
- Design plates (in PDF format)
- Design description (in PDF format)
- Drawing (in PDF format)
- Perspective drawing, sketch, diagram (jpg, over 300dpi)
■ Host & Organizer
455, Docheong-daero, Pungcheon-myeon, Andong-si, Gyeongsangbuk-do 36759, Republic of Korea
Organizer: Korean Institute of Architects, Daegu-Kyungsangbukdo
870, Gukchaebosang-ro, Suseong-gu, Daegu, 42012 Republic of Korea