her place – OPEN CALL Design Girls Empowerment Centre – NEPAL
Design “HER PLACE” a girls’ development centre that welcomes girls from Nepalese municipalities, spreading knowledge and support to rural areas and above all providing a safe environment for deeply vulnerable young women in need. There are thousands of young women in deeply difficult and abusive situations with nowhere to turn. The region desperately needs a centre where these girls can come for help, support, refuge and education about their rights.
The aim of this competition is to encourage and reward,
– design excellence on a humanitarian issue which integrates function, aesthetics and structural ingenuity, improving the lives of people in Nepal.
-Research, respond to and highlight the unique aspects of design through consideration of contextual + environmental factors.
-Encourage sustainable design that provides a secure, long lasting building proposal for the charity partners and its benefactors.
– See your design built and aid in improving the life’s of young women and their families.
– Each proposal should include 3x A3 panels (combined in a PDF to include): 1x full page render, and 2x pages with plans, sections and elevations along with any other information that supports the main elements of your design. Please note you will recieve a site plan, google map location, short video of the site, unique reference number and information on how/where to upload your proposal when you have completed the registration process.
– The selected winning design will be built this year with secured funding… This is your chance to see your design make a real difference!
9 excellent projects will receive honourable mentions along with the press pack released with the winning announcement.
The Considerations – Proposals should;
– be a maximum of 2 storeys in height.
– carefully consider the seismic activity in the zone.
– use design to provide a safe welcoming space for local user groups.
FEB 15 LAUNCH
APRIL 1 REGISTRATION deadline
APRIL 10 SUBMISSION deadline
APRIL 24 ANNOUNCE winners
Fee + Registration:
– This single stage competition is open to all. Fees will support this and other building trust charitable projects.