Design with Nature Contest
The Institute for Advanced Architecture of Catalonia (IAAC) and the BUILD Solutions project partners are proud to announce the Design with Nature Contest, a global platform to experiment and rethink urban environments in response to today’s global challenges.
This Call aims to boost the reflection on how the integration of NBS in cities through technologies can generate innovative visions, methodologies, and solutions.
- Can technologies help integrate NBS in cities in order to enhance the provision of ecosystem services?
- How can we strengthen social relations through the implementation of innovative NBS?
- Can the technology-mediated implementation of NBS in cities lead to the development of innovative business models targeted at addressing current urban challenges?
This Contest is looking for innovative visions for the city of the future where design optimized to integrate nature can transform urban spaces into systems to live, produce, and restore the environment.
This Contest is oriented towards students and professionals from all over the world to make a design proposal. It is targeted at professionals and students coming from all disciplines, including design, engineering, landscape, biology, agronomy, business, and arts.
This Call is a great opportunity for students and professionals to showcase their talent:
- The best project will win a scholarship for the Master in Advanced Architecture 1 year program at IAAC, for the academic year of 2022/23
- Selected projects will be published in a online publication with ISBN
The best 10 entries will be exhibited in the BUILDs final event exhibition to be held in November 2021. Moreover, they will be promoted in the BUILDs webpage and social media accounts and their authors will be included in the BUILDs talent network.