Design Tomorrow by Capsa
Construction alone accounts for more than 30% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions and must now be reinvited to meet the ecological, economic and societal challenges of doing better with less, reducing its environmental footprint, limit the consumption of natural resources; build more responsibly and sustainably. It is by pursuing these objectives that we engage our energy and our ideas in the development of new constructive ways.
Bio-based materials, recycled, reused, smart and sustainable construction will be our tools to meet these challenges. In the diversity of offer that the construction offers today, the marine container is an alternative offering a great number of assets: modularity, mobility and scalability. Transformable to infinity, the container is the ideal ingredient of the wildest architectural projects.
Reinventing everyday life, imagining new solutions, daring to walk the trails beaten, realizing dreams … the pause our planet is asking for, inspires creativity! It is in this positive and engaging state of mind that CAPSA launches the Design Tomorrow Contest !
What would the workplace of your dreams look like?
This is the theme of this first design contest organized by CAPSA with the participation of many experts and partners in the world of architecture, construction and container. We all have in mind an ideal workplace, a place where our creativity would be stimulated, where our ideas would be simple to express. A place to share and advance projects in the best way. The workplace can also be a place of life in its own right. A place of sharing, a place of discussion and laughter. The atmosphere of a place is often born of the feeling, of the harmony that it clears.
- Use 2 x 20-foot dry used containers and 2 x 40-foot high cube used containers.
- The total building area must not exceed 200 m2.
- The maximum height of the work must not exceed 6m.
- The choice of the materials accompanying the containers is free and must be associated with the notion of eco-requested responsibility.
- Choose the most inspiring place to set up your dream offices, make us travel!
We put at your disposal the technical sheets of the containers 20 feet high and cube and 40 feet high cube to help you in the apprehension of the containers and their specificities.
So that we can appreciate your work in the best way, we ask you to transmit the following reports:
- On 4 sheets maximum (excluding cover) A3 format:
- Presentation of the candidate
- Schematic sketches
- Different rendering of the project
- One insertion rendering
- Internal layout specification
- Technical and sustainable specification
- Master plan
- Layout plan
- 1 or 2 section with the land plot
- 1 or 2 section perspective
How to register
If you register via social networks: please send us an email with your name, first name, date of birth and contact details at: [email protected].
A confirmation email will be sent back to you to validate your registration accompanied by the brief, the regulations and the technical sheets of the containers.
- First prize: CAPSA is committed to realizing the winner’s project + a publication in the hors site magazine, a specialist in modular construction! In order to be able to carry out the project, which will be installed in France in a place chosen by capsa, the latter must be able to be adapted by the winner and the CAPSA’s team, if necessary, to the French construction standards in force, while respecting the environment of the place chosen.
* more details in the contest rules.
- Second prize: a publication in the hors site magazine.
- Third prize: a publication in the hors site magazine.