Call For Entries: Architectural Poetry Competition, 4th Cycle: ‘Design Interpretations’
Theme for the Series in this cycle is ‘Design Interpretations’. A fundamental portion of architecture constitutes design interpretation: the art of conveyance of the basic ideology and theme behind the development of a design form, rather eloquently. So too in poetry, the spine of a theme branches out into its many abstractions, extrapolations embellished with nuance in eloquence. Even though poetry is a string of one breath, one exhalation, it embodies subconscious designing.
We welcome poems intwo categories – Collegians and Open (25-100 years of age).
Architectural Poetry Competition Series, 4th Cycleis the fifteenth initiative of the Architectural Journalism & Criticism Organization founded by architect Pappal Suneja to spread awareness about this subject and sow the seeds of inspiration to explore and write about Architecture and allied fields from a lyrical perspective.
- Submissions are open to all poets writing in English. International submissions are welcome.
- Maximum 3 poems per poet are allowed.
- The poem may be accompanied by an Illustration/Photograph (optional).
- Each poem should not exceed 40 lines.
- The submission should be an original work of the entrant and will go through a plagiarism test.
- The winners will be announced on 15th July 2021.
Winning Prizes for the Competition
- ‘Bombay Hangovers’ by Rochelle Potkar + a curated set of books worth 7500 INR/100 USD.
Special Mention 1
- ‘Revered Reminiscences’ by Pappal Suneja + a curated set of books worth 4500 INR/60 USD.
Special Mention 2
- ‘Make me Some Love to Eat’ by Madhu Raghavendra + a curated set of books worth 4500 INR/60 USD.
Besides this, we shall send attested E-Certificates of Participation to all the entrants and the winning entries shall be featured on several web architectural portals. Also, the best entries shall be complied as an Anthology with ISBN No. after the successful run of all the cycles under this Series.