Beam Projects Open Call 2022
Beam Center seeks design proposals for ambitious public artworks that will be brought to life through collaborations between youth and creative big thinkers. Projects will be realized at three 2022 Beam Project sites: in New Hampshire (NH), on Governors Island (GI), and in a local NYC community. Artists are invited to submit proposals for any or all of these three sites. Winning proposals will be selected by a committee composed of Beam Center staff, youth, past project designers, and community member.
Beam Center’s Project Team works with the selected designers to translate their designs into their site-specific context. Selected artists are not expected to submit a detailed project plan with their
initial proposal; this will happen through collaboration with Beam staff. Precision of craft, skill, and imaginative thinking are paramount.
Please submit your proposal as a single PDF that includes:
- The title of your proposal(s), accompanied by a brief description of the project(s) (3 sentences)
- A detailed description of the project(s), along with applicable
- Visuals (sketches, diagrams, renderings, etc.)
- Information about all co-designers included in your proposal(s), if any:
- names, emails, experience (resume, CV, portfolio, etc.) and phone numbers of each individual involved (including the applicant)