Architectural Poetry Competition Series, 2nd Cycle
We respond to the world and weather. We respond to ourselves. We respond. We.
Brief: Creativity should evolve between tradition and modernity. As a tree sheds dead wood on its own, we evolve with respect to time, space, and people. Change is desirable and unavoidable – beneficial or disastrous.Technology is at its brilliance, yet, we crave for a safer world with sustainability and resilience – a balance between Humanity and Nature. A Resurgence of the traditions, to which we are the first signatory for comprehending our diversity and portraying ideas in a unified approach, is what shall aid in creating today’s much needed Responsive Environments.
We welcome poems in three categories –
School-going, Collegians, and Open (25-100 years of age).
– Submissions are open to all poets writing in English. International submissions are welcome.
– Maximum 3 poems per poet are allowed.
– The poem may be accompanied by an Illustration/Photograph (optional).
– Each poem should not exceed 40 lines.
– The entry should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line Architectural Poetry, 2nd Cycle – Category (school-going, collegians, and Open) in a word document with 12 pt., Arial font, single-line spacing
– All entrants must mention their social media handles with the submission (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
– The submission should be an original work of the entrant and will go through a plagiarism test.
– The winners will be announced on 21st August 2020 on all our social media pages.
– In addition to three winners (citation) in each category, a Special Mention Award shall be given.
Jury Panel for the Competition comprises of
Rochelle Potkar, Fiction Writer & Poet, Mumbai
Prof. J. Subramanian, Architect & Executive Director, STUP
Pappal Suneja, Research Scholar, Stiftung Bauhaus Dessau, Germany
Sangeet Sharma, Architect, Author & Poet, Chandigarh
Sanan Verma, Architect, Planner & Poet, SPA Delhi
Parichita Mohapatra, Architect, Urban Designer & Poet, Bengaluru
Submission window for Series 1.0 opens on 15th June 2020 – 31st July 2020 (11:59 pm IST/8:29 pm CEST)
– Early Bird Registration till 30th June 2020, (500 INR for participants from India and 11 Euros for International Participants)
Indian Participants can follow the link to register
International Participants can drop in a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to get Paypal Details for registration.
– Standard Registration till 27th July 2020, (800 INR for participants from India and 21 Euros for International Participants)