ARCHI-NOW , archi now competition
CHORUS ARCHITECTURE and his partners are organizing the sustainability first steppers contest. ARCHI-NOW competition is for the ”best ” thesis in architecture ” personal graduation work “ on themes and issues resilience and innovation in the built environment ” economics, cultural, environmental and energy sustainability “. All eco-approaches and innovative design, contextual or projected solutions are awaited.
In the evolving context of schools and architectural education the wish is to distinguish the excellence of skills that nourish, from concept to project architectural and urban thought, to reward originality, creativity or innovation and above all to encourage research and protection of the environment.
The competition focuses on the evaluation of the personal end-of-study project, possibly accompanied by his studies or research dissertation, depending on the option chosen by the student. This award is by nature individual. However, exceptionally, 2 or 3 young architects can present a collective project if this is the working format chosen by their establishment.
The procedure is in three phases:
First Phase: Registration
Each candidate will fill a file on our website including the following documents.Project identification sheet specifying:
- His name and all related informations needed,
- His home school,
- The title of the project and the field of study (development, requalification, equipment, housing, etc.),
- The assessments obtained during his thesis presentation,
- 5 images presenting the project.
An international jury will select the best for the second phase.The selected candidates will receive an identification code.
The successful candidates will present their work in the form of graphic sheets with synthetic images, photographs or production of models. These documents will be supplemented by a structural diagram (shell) and by the principles adopted at the energy and environmental level. All of these elements will be part of the presentation file which will consist of the following;
- An English summary of the thesis (maximum 02 single-sided pages size A4) highlighting the sustainability assets of your project,
- Graphic pieces to be presented on 2 panels, A1 format, including the name of the project, The identification code that has been given , a brief summary of the context and justification of the project, brief summary of the analysis and concept, plans, sections, facades, perspectives or synthetic images, these which can be completed by a model. Please make sure to highlight the sustainability assets of your project.
NB: For this first edition, these projects will be exposed on the 27-12-2020, during the conference archi talk which is an annual event organized by chorus architecture, there will be selected the people’s choice.
The selected projects will be analyzed by an international jury which will decide on the winners.