Artists, architects, and designers spend hours in front of computer screens in order to create that perfect design. They need powerful drawing devices with specific features to bring their visions to life. This blog lists 20 best drawing tablets for architects available in the market with features such as:
- Size: A greater surface area offers larger space to draw, sketch or edit. The overall size of the device makes it easier to carry it around.
- Resolution: Higher-resolution ensures a more accurate display and a better opportunity to use different colors. Higher Lines Per Inch (LPI) means more details can be added to the drawing.
- Wired/Wireless device: There are options available for devices with both wired and wireless connectivity for artists to use. It can differ depending on their mood and requirement.
- Stylus: It is meant to offer a pen or pencil-like experience for architects. The pen should feel comfortable, responsive, and have functional keys to ensure high efficiency.
- Controls: Functional keys around the screen can be programmed to create shortcuts. This saves time by offering quicker access to the most-used command functions.
- Pressure Sensitivity: It helps control the thickness and transparency of the line. It captures the motion of pen and pressure information. Higher sensitivity means more responsiveness and a natural drawing process.
Wacom Cintiq 22 is a creative pen display that has HD clarity, vibrant colors, and ergonomic design. It comes with a super-responsive Pro Pen 2 powered by electromagnetic resonance technology.
The pen comes with 8192 pressure levels, tilt recognition and low activation force. This helps the device to detect even the lightest pen strokes. Also, the stylus also has two customizable switches for easy access to shortcuts.
Wacom Cintiq 22 comes with a stand that can be adjusted as per the working position.
- 21.5 inches screen that comes with an anti-glare film
- Active Area: 476 x 268 mm, 1920 x 1080 HD Display
- Dimensions: 570 mm x 359 mm x 40 mm
- Weight: 5.6 kgs (without stand)
- Tilt Sensitive Pen with 8192 pressure levels
- Color depth: 16.7 million (8 bits)
- The device comes with HDMI and Standard USB-A port
- Compatible with Windows 7 or later and macOS X 10.12 or later
The graphics display tablet supports USB-C to USB-C connectivity. This makes it easy to connect it with other devices that support USB-C input.
The tablet comes with a larger and sharper screen along with generous connectivity options and improved sensitivity.
The drawing tablet provides precise accuracy with colors and more vibrancy compared to older models. Its PA2 battery-free Pen has 60 degrees of tilt function. XP-Pen Artist Display 22R Pro is scratch-resistant and reduces glare.
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 Pixels
- 2 Red Dial wheels and 20 shortcut keys
- Integrated adjustable stand
- Compatible with digital art software such as Adobe, Illustrator, Photoshop, Krita, SAI, and others
- 60 Degree Tilt Function and 8192 Pressure Level Sensitivity
- PA2 battery-free Pen and a specially-designed pen slot
- Compatible with macOS X 10.10 or higher and Windows 7/8/10 or higher
- Color display of 16.7 million
This drawing tablet is a 15.6 inch full HD dust-free display. It comes with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and a report rate of 233PPS. Additionally, the device supports macOS and Windows. It is also compatible with graphic software such as SAI, Adobe Illustrator, CDR, and others.
The tablet has an Active Smart Wireless Digital Pen which has customizable double buttons on the side. These buttons can be used to switch between brush and eraser.
It has an adjustable stand that allows moving the device to a more comfortable work position. It comes with an embedded signal interface to avoid any issues with signal wire falling off.
- Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080 and 5080 LPI Resolution
- 10 customizable shortcut keys on the left side
- 8192 level pen pressure sensitivity
- Color Gamut: 72% (NTSC)
- Adjustable stand for comfortable positioning of the device
- Compatible with macOS 10.11 and Windows 7 and above
- Net weight of the device is 1.58 kg
Huion Kamvas Pro 22 (2019) is the upgraded version of Huion Kamvas Pro 22. This drawing tablet has 16.7 million colors and boasting a 120% sRGB color gamut. The monitor has a full viewing angle of 178 degrees.
It also comes with a multi-angle adjustable stand. The screen of the device has a paper-like texture for a very real drawing experience.
Also, it protects users from harmful glare. The battery-free digital pen PW500 offers a comfortable grip and 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity. Lastly, it is compatible with Windows and macOS along with drawing software such as AI, SAI, CDR and PS.
- 21.5-inch display and 1920 x 1080 resolution
- Active workspace: 476.64 x 268.11 mm
- Color gamut: 120% sRGB
- Compatibility with macOS 10.12 or later and Windows 7 or later
- 8192 Levels of Pressure Sensitivity and Report Rate of 266PPS
- Battery-free digital stylus with ±60° tilt support
- 20 customizable press keys and 2 touch bar to access shortcuts
- Stand adjustment angle varying from 20° to 80°
This graphic drawing tablet edits photos and creates digital artwork with the help of natural pen control. Wacom Intuos Pro comes in three sizes. It has on-screen controls and ergonomic design for left and right-handed artists.
Also, the express keys and multi-touch gestures help to quickly access software shortcuts without interrupting your work.
Battery-free Wacom Pro Pen 2 features 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity and tilt-response. Its latest Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition helps convert paper sketches to digital files automatically.
- Available in small, medium and large size
- 6 (small) and 8 (medium and large) customize ExpressKeys
- Touch Ring with 4 customizable functions
- 8192 pen pressure levels, lag-free tracking and ±60 levels of tilt recognition
- Built-in Bluetooth connectivity
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 and MacOS 10.12 or later
- Battery-free, pressure-sensitive and cordless stylus pen
- Active Area: 6.3 x 3.9 inch (small), 8.7 x 5.8 inch (medium) and 12.1 x 8.4 inch (large)
Huion H610 Pro V2 is a graphics tablet that comes with a battery-free drawing pen. It has 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity and tilt function. This helps the pen to perform like a pencil or marker.
The screen has a paper-like texture that gives more natural drawing experience. The device has a working area of 10 x 6.25 inches that allows to easily draw fine details.
It supports Android 6.0 which helps connect the tablet to phone using OTG connector. The tablet is very lightweight weighing 635g and has a thickness of 8mm.
- PW100 pen with ±60° tilt support and 8192 levels of pen pressure sensitivity
- 8 ExpressKeys, 16 soft keys and two pen buttons all customizable
- Compatible with Windows 7 or later and macOS 10.12 or later, Android 6.0 or later
- Supports software such as Illustrator, Clip Studio, Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI, and others
- Working Area- 254 x 158.8 mm (PC Mode) and 99.3 x 158.8 mm (Android Mode)
- Report Rate: 233PPS allowing smoother drawing
- Pen Resolution: 5080LPI and Reading Height: 10mm
This graphic tablet is ideal for right-handed or left-handed artists as its driver allows 180-degree rotation. Its active work area is 10 x 6 inch which allows wide and fluid strokes.
The battery-free stylus pen that comes with UGEE M708 has a pressure level of 8192 and a report rate of 266RPS.
- Compatible with Windows 7/8/10 or higher and macOS X 10.10 or higher
- 8 customizable shortcut keys
- Supports software such as Corel Painter, Illustrator, Manga Studio, Paint Tool SAI, ZBrush and others
- The battery-free pen that offers a pressure level of 8192
- Works for right-handed and left-handed artists
It is a 10 x 6.25-inch graphic drawing tablet that offers quality at a lower price. It has a large drawing surface and 2048 levels of pen sensitivity. The tablet has a drawing resolution of 4000 lines per inch (LPI).
The device has 8 Express Keys and 16 Hot Cells. These can be used to assign to launch applications, keystroke combinations, opening web pages or sending emails. They can also be assigned to imitate a specific mouse function such as left-click.
- Eight customizable express keys on the left side of the drawing area
- 16 user-assignable Hot Cells along the upper edge of the drawing surface
- Drawing resolution: 4000 LPI and 200 RPS report rate
- 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity
- USB Interface and compatible with Linux
- Compatible with Windows XP or later and macOS X 10.4 or later
Artisul pen display D16 comes with a 15.6” full HD display and is compatible with Windows and macOS. It also works comfortably with design software such as Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Painter, etc.
The device comes with a foldable stand allowing to adjust the tablet as per convenience. It can be connected with a computer via USB 3.0 and comes with a battery-free digital pen designed ergonomically.
The pen weighs only 14g and has a comfortable grip and buttons that are programmable. The screen has an anti-glare film and is resistant to scratches and fingerprints.
- Battery-free pressure-sensitive digital pen with 8192 pressure levels
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 display resolutions
- Color Gamut: 76% Adobe RGB
- 178° super-wide viewing angle
- 7 customized press keys and a quick dial
- Compatible with Windows 7 or Later, MacOS 10.12 or Later
- 5080LPI pen resolution
Huion WH1409 V2 has a large working area of 13.8 x 8.6 inch (350 x 218 mm) that allows artists to draw freely. The design of the tablet is very functional with 12 press keys on one side. This helps save time and improve efficiency by managing repetitive commands.
Its drawing pen has 8192 sensitivity pressure levels and helps work freely on the tablet surface. The device can be used by both left-handed and right-handed users.
The tablet comes with a USB wireless 2.4 GHz (ranging up to 10m) that provides the freedom to work cable-free. Its penholder can be used to hold the pen or replace the nib.
- Resolution: 5080 LPI and report rate: 266 PPS
- 12 customizable express keys for repetitive commands
- Weighs only 1.1kg
- Digital Pen PW500 comes with 8192 sensitivity levels and ±60° tilt support to give a feel of drawing or writing on a paper
- Supports Windows 7 or above and MacOS 10.12 or above
- Dimensions: 456 x 266 x 16 mm
This professional drawing tablet comes with a large size screen and delivers brilliant colors. It comes with a Type C interface port that can be plugged in and out with either direction.
The battery-free pen has an intelligent chip and has 8192-level high-pressure sensitivity. This ensures precision control while drawing, editing or painting. It is a light-weight device that allows you to customize 4 short keys for faster workflow.
Veikk`s gesture touchpad is an ideal feature for painting that helps zoom and brush conveniently. The device can be easily switched between right-hand and left-hand mode.
- Battery-free pen with pressure sensitivity of 8192 levels
- Active drawing area: 10 x 6 inch
- Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, macOS 10.6 or above
- 4 Touch Keys and Smart Gesture Touchpad
- Connectivity type: USB Type-C
- Compatible with PS, Krita, AI, and Painter
- Resolution: 5080 LPI and report rate: 250 RPS
Yiynova MVP20U+FE(V2) Full HD Tablet Monitor has a large display area which makes it easier to see what you are drawing. It comes with a detachable stainless steel handler and desk edge stopper that allows you to position the tablet as per your comfort.
The device comes with 5V3A USB Port that can be used to provide an additional source of power to Yiynova Cloud PC or other kinds of Stick PC.
Yiynova`s Stick PC Ready Tablet monitor can be used by professionals to create animations, illustrations, and industrial designs.
- Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080, Diagonal Size: 19.53 inch
- Active work area: 434.88 x 238.68 mm
- Colors Display: 16.7 million
- Compatible with Windows XP, Windows 7/8/8.1/10 and MacOS X 10.8 or above
- Tracking speed at approximately 230 PPS and 4000LPI resolution
- Pen pressure-sensitive at 2048 levels
- Five Express Keys available on the optional remote
XP-Pen Star 05 is ideal for drawing, editing, sketching, animation, and digital signatures. This graphics tablet comes with a working area of 8 x 5 inch providing maximum comfort to draw and paint.
Plug the USB receiver that comes with the device to the computer. This will help draw wirelessly or plug USB cable for standard wired usage. It is compatible with Windows 7/8/10 or above and macOS X 10.10 or above.
The stylus does not need charging which ensures no disruptions in the middle of work. P03 stylus has a pressure sensitivity of 2048 levels that creates smooth and natural lines.
- Active area: 203 mm x 127 mm, Dimensions: 300mm x 180mm x 10mm
- Comes with both wired and wireless USB capability
- Six touch express keys for quick access
- Compatible with drawing software such as Paint Tool Sai, Adobe Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint & others
- Works wirelessly using ISM 2.4G and FHSS technology
- Battery-free P03 stylus helps draw with more control & precision
- Resolution: 5080 LPI and Report Rate: 266 RPS
UGEE 1910B 19 inches wide TFT display provides a smooth and seamless screen to draw, paint or sketch. It has a multi-angle adjustable stand that helps to angle the device freely as per the needs of different artists.
The device comes with a rechargeable pen with 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity. This ensures control on the color, opacity, and thickness of the line. The device is suitable for both right-handed and left-handed people.
- Active Area: 402x 255 mm
- Display Resolution: 1440 x 900
- Report Rate: 220 reports/second and Resolution: 5080 LPI
- Adjustable ergonomic stand to get perfect comfort level for prolonged working periods
- Compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 or above & MacOS 10.2.6 or above
- Colors Display: 16.7 million
- Does not have Express Keys
This graphic drawing tablet is lightweight and has a compact active area of 4 x 2.23 inches (102 x 57mm). It is suitable for drawing, sketching, editing files, and digital signatures.
The pen that comes with the device works with AAA battery and its buttons can be re-programmed for specific functions such as right and left-click.
The tablet is compatible with applications such as CorelDraw, Corel Painter, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Autodesk MAYA and more. The middle button of the stylus has been designed to be used to scroll down documents or websites.
- 2048 levels of pen pressure sensitivity
- Three customizable express keys
- Pen Resolution: 4000 LPI, Report Rate: 200 PPS
- Working area: 4.17 x 2.23 inch (106 x 64.6mm)
- Compatible with Windows 7 or later and macOS X 10.8.0 or above
The drawing tablet has a large screen ideal for artists working on it for hours and provides a large working area. The pen has been engineered with Battery-Free Electromagnetic Resonance (EMR) technology.
Digital pen P59 does not need charging and ensures smooth lines with 8192 pen pressure levels and a 233PPS report rate. Its adjustable stand that comes with the device has an ergonomic design to provide comfort while working.
- 21.5 inch IPS screen with anti-glare film
- Resolution 1920 x 1080 and Color Gamut of 76% Adobe RGB
- Super-wide viewing angle of 178°
- 8192 pen pressure levels and ±60° tilt support
- Stand adjustment angle varying from 20° to 80°
- Compatible with Windows 7 or later and macOS X 10.11 or later and various design and drawing software
This creative pen display has been created for designers and professional artists who like the feeling of working with pen and paper. Wacom Pro Pen 2 comes with three fully customizable pen buttons that can be used to zoom, model or modify creative tools from both 2D and 3D applications.
Additionally, Wacom also offers an ExpressKey remote that is sold separately and has 17 customizable buttons.
- 13.3 inch LCD screen and Active work area: 11.6 x 6.5 inch
- Resolution: 5080 LPI
- Color Display: 16.7 million and Color Gamut: 87% Adobe RGB
- Compatible with macOS X10.11 or later, Windows 7 or later and other creative software applications
- Tilt recognition: ±60 levels and Tilt Range: 60 degrees
- Wacom Pro Pen comes with 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity
The device comes with an 11 x 6.875-inch active area and an ergonomic design to ensure maximum comfort for artists. Its PW500 battery-free pen is equipped with ±60 levels tilt recognition that helps perform strokes like a traditional brush. 8192 levels of pen pressure sensitivity deliver a more realistic pen-to-paper feel.
The drawing tablet is compatible with macOS and Windows. It also works well with major programs such as Paint Tool SAI, CDR and others. In addition, it supports both wired and wireless modes to ensure cordless working anywhere.
- Resolution: 5080 LPI
- 8 Customizable Shortcut Keys to save time and enhance efficiency
- Report rate: 266 PPS gives fast response to every stroke without delay
- 8192 level of pen pressure sensitivity to deliver advanced pen performance
- Battery capacity: 2500mAh and Battery life: 30 hrs
- Compatible with Windows 7 or above and MacOS 10.12 or above
- USB Wired & 2.4GHz Wireless Mode
This digital drawing tablet has an ergonomic arc design. This makes it easier to handle and suitable for both right-handed and left-handed artists.
Micro pressure precision patent technology and battery-free pressure sensor help the pen to connect with the tablet perfectly.
Furthermore, the device has a slim and portable design and convenient to carry while on the go. It is compatible with different design software such as Paint Tool SAI, Krita, Adobe Photoshop, Corel Painter, and others.
- Cordless and battery-free Digital Pen
- 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity
- Active Area: 8.3 x 5.3 inches (212 x 136 mm)
- ±60 levels tilt recognition for more accurate drawing experience
- Compatible with Windows 7 or later and MacOSX 10.11 or later
- 4 functional keys
- Resolution: 5080 LPI and Report Rate: 220RPS
XP Pen Deco 03 has a large workable space of 10 x 5.62 inches. It also has a paper-like surface texture that gives more control over the pen.
The device comes with a passive (batteryless) stylus that has an ergonomic shape that makes it comfortable to hold. The pen has 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity and comes with two buttons on the sides.
The drawing tablet needs to be connected to the computer. It can be done either through a wire using USB type-C cable or wirelessly using a wireless receiver. Additionally, the device has been designed for both right-handed and left-handed users.
- Resolution: 5080 Lines Per Inch
- Battery-free stylus pen with 8192 pressure sensitivity levels
- 6 customizable ExpressKeys and One spin wheel
- Compatible with Windows 7/8/10, macOS X 10.10 and above
- Supports major designer software such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, ZBrush, Corel Painter, and others
- Multi-function pen holder to keep pen, nibs and USB receiver
These 20 best drawing tablets for architects listed above are available at a reasonable price. Various companies such as Wacom, Huion, and XP-Pen, offer products that come with most of the relevant and useful features. These are the features designers and architects are looking for.
However, in the end, it comes down to the artists and their preferences and usage. Some might look for higher active area and resolution while others might find easy-to-use controls and pressure sensitivity more appealing.
In conclusion, one needs to look for a device that fulfills their particular work requirements.